SVSOILS™ is the world’s premier product for estimating the hydraulic properties for flow modeling in unsaturated soils. Our database contains data on over 6,200 soil-water characteristic curves and provides numerous theoretical methods of estimating the soil-water characteristic curve (SWCC) or unsaturated hydraulic conductivity curve.
The SVOFFICE™5 release of SVSOILS™ software contains the following specific improvements...
- Redesigned simple user interface: Increased workflow efficiency
- Significant increase in available estimation methods: Now 34 total methods
- Simple data mining/searching interface
- Development of oil-sand constitutive models
- Improved Charting: High quality, exportable charts
- New SVOFFICE™5/GE Manager: The Manager dialog has been redesigned to greatly simplify its usage. Models can easily be grouped by project and stored anywhere on the user’s disk drive.
Estimation of Unsaturated Hydraulic Properties
|This completely new release represents a fresh re-design of the classic and popular SoilVision® application. SVSOILS™ contains an expanded database of unsaturated soil properties and presents a new and simplified interface for a greatly improved and pleasing user experience.
The software is designed specifically for the estimation and mathematical representation of soil constitutive models for subsequent numerical modeling.
Saturated and unsaturated soil properties may be estimated based on the extensive existing database or estimated with one of the many estimation methods present in the software. The database continues to grow as more organizations donate soils to the system. The estimation methods include: 9 methods of estimating the soil-water characteristic curve; 15 methods of estimating saturated hydraulic conductivity; and 10 methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic conductivity.
The new design is more tightly integrated with the SVOFFICE™5 suite of software and developed constitutive models may easily be integrated with the corresponding numerical analysis software package.
A new feature of SVSOILS™ is the ability to develop a consitutive model for oil-sand tailings as a saturated or unsaturated material.
SoilVision Systems Ltd. has spent years collecting high-quality unsaturated soil data from sources all over the world. Our database now contains data on over 6,200 soil samples. 98% of these soil samples have a soil-water characteristic curve measured in a laboratory. The soil database also contains saturated permeability (hydraulic conductivity) data on over 2,500 soils as well as unsaturated permeability data on over 700 soils.
It is crucial to have an accurate description of unsaturated soil properties when performing finite element modeling of water and contaminant flow through the unsaturated soil zone. Methods for estimating unsaturated soil properties may not always be reliable. The use of the database contained in the SVSOILS™ software can confirm the potential variability of your unsaturated soil properties. Groups of soils may be selected and plotted together to give a comprehensive idea of the variability of the soil-water characteristic curve. Determination of the air entry value (AEV) or the residual water content with increased accuracy is now possible.
Key features and enhancements of SVSOILS™:
- Redesigned simple user interface
- Estimate unsaturated hydraulic soil properties
- Estimate SWCC by 9 methods
- Utilizes (Fredlund & Wilson) the most reliable method available of estimating the SWCC for sands, silts, and clays
- Estimate saturated hydraulic conductivity by 15 methods
- Estimate unsaturated hydraulic conductivity by 10 methods
- Calculate volume-mass properties of an air-water-soil mixture using any 3 measured properties
- Calculate independent volume-mass properties of an oil-sand material including bitumen
- Import usaturated constitutive model into SVFLUX™ for unsaturated seepage modeling
- Fit and estimate properties for consolidation modeling
- Estimate oil-sand tailings constitutive properties
- Automatic soil classification
- Improved charting: High quality exportable charts
- Continuous innovation - Quick addition of features for our customers. New versions are generated every two - four weeks!
- Extensive QAQC program
- Responsive technical support
- Estimation of field capacity and capillary rise based on grainsize information
- Estimation of soil-water characteristic curves
- Estimation of saturated hydraulic conductivity curves
- Estimation of unsaturated hydraulic conductivity curves
- Estimation of unsaturated hydraulic soil properties for seepage finite element modeling
- Easily push data to SVFLUX™ to perform your seepage analysis
Who Uses Our Software?
SVSOILS™ is currently being used by universities, government agencies, and consultants around the world.
SVSOILS is a valuable program which assists in the design of soil cover systems for waste management facilities such as landfills, tailing deposits and waste rock dumps. In many cases the soil-water characteristic curves and hydraulic conductivity values for the potential soils which may be used for construction are not available during the early stages of design. We use SVSOILS to estimate the properties on the basis of the grain-size distribution and other simple index properties. This allows preliminary analysis to proceed almost immediately. The optimum soils may be selected for the more detailed and time-consuming testing. In many cases it is possible to provide a complete design while testing only a limited number of samples to confirm soil properties.”
The power of SVSOILS is in its large database of soil-water characteristic curves, and the fact that this database can be added to by the user. The “query” option allows grouping of soils with similar characteristics, such as grain-size distribution and classification. SVSOILS is a valuable tool for use in unsaturated soil studies.”
I am currently using SVSOILS to estimate hydraulic conductivity in areas where we have limited soil data and usually only estimates of soil texture. We are using the database of similar textures to interpolate soil moisture curves for input into drainage models to estimate impacts of drainage ditches to nearby wetland hydrology.”
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5 software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
1. 3D Modeling Solutions
2. Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
3. Advanced Model Coupling
- With the highly advanced SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
4. 3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
5. Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
6. Spatially Varying Material Properties
- SVDESIGNER™ Allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into SVFLUX™GE for analysis.
7. Product Integration
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our SVSLOPE® and SVFLUX™GE packages
8. Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
9. Extensive Soil Database
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our SVFLUX™GE package.
10. World Class Support
- Our SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.